Ten Things Thursday

1.  Happy Birthday week to one of my dearest friends, A :)

She is kind of boycotting her birthday this year, which sucks, but since we're not doing anything, I wanted to give her a special shout on my blog, and hope she reads!

Happy Birthday A <3

2.  Why does Denny's always look so effing good on my drive from the Weight Loss Surgery clinic?  I swear, I pass a Denny's several other times a week, and never want it.  But it always looks SOOOO damn good after I've just gotten an adjustment and am not supposed to eat solid food for 24 hours.

3.  I saw my PA this morning and she reluctantly gave me a +0.5 CC fill, which puts me up to 6.3 CC total.  She says I'm really tight and requested I do liquids for 48 hours instead this time because I am REALLY tight.  Hopefully this is the adjustment I need to get me where I need to be to get off this plateau.

4.  Weight this morning was 254.4.  No change.

5.  I finally got off my ass and ran a few times over the last week.  My scale can't tell it.

6.  The weather here in NC is crisp and cool.  I walked outside this morning to find frost in my back yard.  My pup loves it, but I get so frustrated with him because we have to walk FOREVER right now to get him to use the bathroom.  He's just enjoying himself too much in the cold air to stop and do his business.

7.  I'm not a brave Bandster.  I was looking at Erica's instagram and she is so brave.  She uses #lapband tags and is very public and open about her surgery with the world wide web.  I wish I could be open like that, but I don't want people I went to high school with talking about "Hollee only lost the weight because she had surgery".  My home town is small minded people and I know people would talk.  I made a small step forward toward being more open and put my blog link in my 'description' but I doubt anyone will actually come over to read from my instagram.  (If you want to follow me, I'm holleealexandria on ig)

8.  I finally saw a doctor last week about the fact that after 3.5 years without a period I was bleeding for 3 weeks!  We decided that if it didn't stop within a week, he'd put me on some meds.  So here I am, finally surrendering to taking meds and the bleeding has almost stopped.  SO THANKFUL!

9.  I hope that the bleeding subsiding also means my hormones are going to straighten out.  I swear I have been an emotional WRECK the last 3-4 weeks.  I cry at the drop of a hat lately.  I have cried at least once a day for weeks, and usually more than once, and some of the times, it has been completely unexplainable.  Other times it was about Mr. Banker or thinking about the poor children in the research study I'm working on who may never talk again.  I'm ridiculously emotional.

10.  Speaking of Mr. Banker....things are still pretty strained between us.  I'd like to think this is perceived strain, but I don't know.  I am just going to TRY my best to be patient, and trust that what we have is good enough that it HAS TO work out.  We're still talking all day every day, but our schedules didn't really work out to see each other this week and part of that is my fault, but part of it is his too.

Comments

  1. Awww! Girl I was open from day 1 of my surgery. Of course I get some smart ass comments from people who knew me at 268 lbs "oh you did it the easy way" Pshhhh easy my @ss! I have been this same weight almost half of the time because I am unable to get off my booty and work out lol You just gotta slowly put it out there and not worry about who is talking about you! You have done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant