2. Yesterday my plans were kind of up in the air. First, my mom talked about coming to visit. Then Mr. Banker asked to come over. Then a friend, Ashley, asked me to go to dinner. My mom canceled, so I told Mr. Banker that Ashley had asked me to dinner, so he told me to go out with her. I guess he wasn't expecting I would be at the restaurant for 4 hours because apparently he was planning to come over after my dinner.
3. One of my favorite things about Lap Band is that I can usually go out to dinner for about $4 now. If you don't have a card from your WLS that states you can eat from the kid's menu, you're missing out!
4. I need a fill. I'm hungry all the time right now. I tried to move my appointment up, but they didn't have any openings. I'm so thankful my PA will be back next month! It's so much easier to get an appointment with her than my surgeon.
5. Work is going better, but one of my only friends here resigned. Her last day was Tuesday and I took over her two studies. They are at least more interesting than the Oncology study I'm working on.
6. I've joined the social committee at work in order to ensure that there are WLS friendly options when we have meals together--but of course did not tell them this is why.
7. I need a vacation. I'm pretty sure on pay day I'm going to buy a ticket to go visit my sisters in California. Tickets right now are SUPER cheap. $219 round trip nonstop from Raleigh-->Los Angeles. Any LA bloggers out there? I'm thinking Erica might be....
8. Even going to Cali doesn't really feel like a vacation to me. I need to be on a sandy warm beach somewhere sipping an alcoholic beverage....
9. I had gotten pretty lazy, but was recommitting to running. That was before I completely messed up my right foot and can hardly walk right now. It may be a little while before I can run and I'm pretty bummed about that. So I guess I need to commit to arm exercises. One day, I'm going to be brave enough to post a picture of my bat wings.
10. I was feeling good yesterday and took a photo in the bathroom at work. I can honestly say I had never done that before and felt a little silly. I love these jeans, since they are size 14 hand-me-downs from Old Navy.
This is in the car after work yesterday.
Sometimes I look at my face and I don't even see the same person anymore.
Other times, I look and don't think anything has changed at all.
Yesterday was a 'different girl' kind of day.