I'm Healthy

This is just a quick update to let you all know where I am health-wise 1 year after Lap Band.

Wednesday I went to see my PCP for something completely un-related to my band or really general health.  She could not say enough good things about my weight loss.

In addition to being 100+ pounds down, my blood pressure was 100/76.
There were times I was afraid of being diagnosed with hypertension at age 23.

PCP asked me how my blood tests look after a year, and it occurred to me that I have not had ANY blood work since prior to surgery.  We mutually decided it might be a good idea to check some things.

I am happy to report that her nurse called me yesterday and told me 'everything' was normal.  I don't know what 'everything' consists of other than A1C (sugar), cholesterol, and Iron.

I love knowing that not only am I better on the outside, but the inside too!

Comments

  1. That's terrific! I just had my blood drawn for my full panel my PCP is running for me. I'll get the results next week at my appt. I'm going to be six months on Wednesday--and even though my weight loss isn't quite as far along as I would like it to be---I know that my numbers in the A1C and blood pressure have improved dramatically. I just had my BP done yesterday, and it was 112/72. and my A1C went from being like 9.6 to 6.8--and that was just in a few months after sugery!

    You are totally an inspiration to me and a motivator for me to stick to plan and get this weight off! I won't be down 100 lbs by my 1 year--but I'm hoping to be close to 60! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Luka Beth! I am always so proud and inspired when I read other bloggers, and it means a lot to me to hear I can give that back. You are doing great, and those health results are a huge success!!!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! That's awesome blood pressure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!