Date Update

Just wanted to let you all know that my blind lunch date went pretty well!!  Well enough that it lasted for almost 2 hours :)

I was about 10 minutes early, so I texted him to say I had arrived.  He called to let me know he was almost there and apologized that I arrived before him.  I thought this was awesome, so respectful!  He was not at all late, I was just early.

He hugged me when he walked in, so it wasn't awkward at all.  The conversation was easy and we just seemed to flow.  We really knew nothing about each other, so there was plenty to learn.  He was extremely open with me about himself and his past (including relationships) but I didn't feel comfortable airing my dirty laundry so early.  I did tell him some funny first date disasters I've had...

--The guy who left me when he said he was going to the bathroom, because I'd just said he couldn't come home with me.

--The guy who got a DWI on our first date, coincidentally the night I learned to drive a manual car, when I had to drive his car home.  Then when I went to pick him up from the police station, found out he'd lied about his last name.

--The guy who brought a gun into a restaurant on a double date.

Today's date seemed very amused by my bad luck, and it prevented me from having to divulge too much about any serious dating I'd done.

I ordered sushi, and got stuck on bite one.  I couldn't say anything, so I just sat there and suffered through it for almost an hour until I found a moment to excuse myself to the bathroom.

Anyway, it was a nice first date and I hope I'll see him again.  I think I will.

Comments

  1. Nice! Glad you had fun and those are some pretty funny first date stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...Hollee! Those stories! I am dying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an update that this didn't work out. We had only the one date.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!