Christmas...Go away!

I have always loved Christmas.  I'm the kind of girl who for as long as I can remember, started dreaming of Santa Claus and Sugar Plum Fairies in September each year.  I love the music, the decorations, the joy I feel, seeing family, and of course the food.  I used to dedicate a whole day to baking the week before Christmas.

Chocolate covered peanut butter balls.

No bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Coffee cakes.

Pumpkin bread.  Strawberry bread.

Pecan sandies.

Peanut butter cookies.

Every kind of pie you can think of.

But last year I decided to break this tradition.  I did make a few things, and gave them as gifts to Robocop, my dad, and a couple of friends, but I didn't go all out.  This year I have pretty much decided I wont do it at all.  Mr. Banker isn't a fan of sweets and now that my mom has diabetes I feel guilty bringing anything like that home to them. 

BUT... here's my problem.  I'm trying really hard to give up coffee, but it's a Monday morning and I NEEDED it.  So at 9am, I finally gave in to my inner caffeine fiend and went to the break room to get my cup of Joe.  On the table was the most beautiful spread of chocolate chip cookies I've ever seen.  So yeah, it's not even 10am and I've had a cookie.  Good going Hollee.  The same problem occurred Friday.  Chocolate peppermint bark and an assortment of cookies were awaiting my arrival Friday morning, and I started early.  The good news is, my scale is holding steady.  The bad news is, my scale is holding steady haha.  I am trying to lose, not maintain!  Although all the shit I'm eating I feel like I should be gaining.

I guess my Lap Band is my saving grace, because I can only imagine the amounts of crap I would've devoured by now without it.  I just need to make it through the next 2 weeks and the junk-food season will be over.  2014 can't get here soon enough!

P.S. I know this meme is horrible, but it made me giggle out loud at work.  Sorry!

Comments

  1. i'm dealing with the same thing--do gooder coworkers bringing in holiday junk food. I'm avoiding it at all costs. luckily most of the women in my office are on weight watchers so they don't want it and they won't bring it in. you can DO this!

    although I would cave for cookies. cookies are supremely evil. we tried th giant cookie from papa johns yesterday. OMG. to. die.for. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same issue! I am ready for the holidays to be over just so I don't have to see them taunt me and beg for me to eat them.

    Hang in there we can do this :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!