2013: A Year of Ups, Downs, and NSVs

I feel like I was just celebrating the start to 2013, and I am here saying goodbye to it already.  I tend to think that how you spend your New Year's Eve night is how your year will go, so be sure to spend it wisely!



I decided to go through my blog to see what I have done this year, the good, the bad, and the ugly all included.  I started just as a reminder to myself, but you all can join the journey.  And for those of you who are new readers, this will be a good catch-up for you!

2013

 My last weigh in of 2012 was 284.2.

January:  I began 2013 with 4 friends, their 'significant' others, and Robocop- the guy I started dating shortly before the new year.  It was a great night, mostly, but there was some turbulence along the way.  My baby cousin ended up being my first 2013 kiss (on the cheek) since her husband and Robocop disappeared to go make trouble.



February:  Nothing too significant happened during February.  I got my tattoo on the back of my neck in memory of a friend who passed away.  I have never admitted this to anyone, but I really did that because Robocop told me it was a stupid idea and not to do it.  I'm a little bit rebellious sometimes.   My weight held steady for most of February.

March:  March was an eventful month!  I did what I consider to be the most independent thing I've done in my entire life...more so than moving away for college or buying my home.  I traveled to Europe alone.  This trip had lots of NSVs, but my favorites were buckling an airplane seatbelt for the first time in at least 7 years, and climbing the Eiffel tower!!  I still find it hard to believe I climbed it, as terrified of heights as I am, but I did it!!



April:  April came and my weight began to drop again when I joined the C25K running group.  I also met Mr. Banker on April 23.

May:  In May, I celebrated my 25th birthday with friends, dancing, and alcohol.  It was probably my best birthday so far.



June:  In June, I ran (and walked) my first 5k.  I hated every second of it.

July:  I went to Burn Bootcamp for one class and I am not joking that it absolutely kicked my fucking ass.  I should really try to start that again.  July was also the month that I learned it was time to buy new panties when they fell off at Walmart (for actually the 2nd time).  Probably the funniest NSV I've experienced.

August:  I spent most of August with my band MUCH too tight.  I could hardly drink water, and somehow I didn't even lose weight!  I know, all of us banders know that a red-zone band actually does not help, which I personally think is counter-intuitive.  I changed companies for a pay and title increase. 

September:  I don't really know what to write about September.  It was a good month with Mr. Banker, but there was some personal turbulence with remnants of an ex popping up in my life again.

October:  The negativity from previous mentioned events in September found their way into October.  I reached a breaking point and decided I needed to make an appointment for therapy and visit my PCP for anti-depressants.  I'm so glad I didn't wait to do that!

November:  I started feeling better and the scale started moving in the downward direction again!  Finally! The only other thing noteworthy was the night I decided to "practice" the L word and was caught off guard when Mr. Banker was, in fact, actually awake.

December:  This month has had it's own set of quirks, so I think I am glad for a new beginning.  It seems that I have only lost about 40 pounds this year, but slow and steady wins the race I suppose.




Before I end my last post of 2013, I want to wish you all a happy and safe New Year's Eve.  I will see you all in 2014 to continue my life's journey with Lap Band and looking forward to reaching my goal weight in 2014!

Yep, I said it, that's my plan for 2014-- REACH MY GOAL WEIGHT BEFORE MY 2 YEAR BANDIVERSARY.  I'm not calling it a resolution, it's a goal, and I will get there!

Comments

  1. Happy new year. I hope you have a great chance to ring it in with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Great Recap. Here's to 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recap! must try that :D and hmmm I hope how you spend New Years Eve is not the way your spend your year because I was working :( I believe you will reach your goals, you seem so very determined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      That must mean you will spend your year making money...puts a nice spin on it I think.

      Delete
    2. oh -- very nice spin -- I'll go with that!

      Delete
  4. brava! Your goal is an awesome one. I've seen nothing but dedication and resolve from you. I'm sure you will make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great year! heres to an awesome 2014 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool way to wrap up 2013...and 40lbs is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!