Another reason I'm a Badass-- #newpiercings


See those piercings on my back?

Yeah, they are like the cherry on top of my recent badass-ery.
 

I've been debating whether to post this for a little bit, and had decided I wasn't going to share with you all, but after a scare last night that they were going to need to be removed, I decided to go ahead and share with the world while they exist, who knows for how long that will be.

Besides, I feel kinda hot in the above pic, so I shared!

These types of piercings are called dermals or dermal anchors.  They have a base or anchor and sits under the skin and does not come out unless you want to permanently remove them.

There are 2 risks with this type of piercing:
1) The body can reject them at any time
2) The body can 'consume' them while healing if they were pierced too deep, which basically means the skin would heal over them

My scare involved THINKING the latter option had happened, but in fact the 'top' had just screwed off and I found it in my bed this morning.  I just kept thinking, well isn't THAT a typical fat girl problem.... my body ATE my piercing, wtf.  But it didn't, and all is fixed :)

I must admit that maybe these weren't the most well thought out piercings.
I probably should've done this in the summer while I'd be wearing more dresses.
And perhaps I should've considered how difficult this was going to be with my workouts.

But I've figured out ways to take care of them, which involve covering with bandaids every day before bootcamp and taking special care with my clothing choices!

Comments

  1. Oh my god, Hollee! Did they hurt like hell? I've always wanted to get my nose pierced, but I'm too chickensh#t to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it's comparable to a lapband adjustment! Not too painful at all. I've had my nose pierced for almost 8 years (since my 18th birthday) and I've never for a second regretted doing it! It's one of my favorite things about my face haha. You should totally do it Julie!!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of those. The things you learn reading blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are much braver than I am. No way would I do that piercing. Besides...one of my kids would try and pull them out or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not up-to-date in the piercing world, so I've never seen/heard of this kind. I hope you get to keep yours after all the pain/trouble!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant