Therapy

Today I had my first therapy session.

I have been to therapy once before, but it was very different. I was there for grief and depression related to my ex, so I knew exactly what to talk about to get to what I needed to work on. This time, with general depression, I had no clue where to start. 

So we talked about a wide range of things. Some things I hadn't thought of in probably ten years. Without summarizing the whole visit, the therapist did make mention that I only smiled three times- talking about my dog, my sisters, and Mr. Banker.

It was a pretty good session. So I have three more weeks of free therapy to try to work through the dark fog in my mind. And, with the therapist's full support, I am going to my general practitioner tomorrow for anti-depressants. I took them once before and they made all the difference. FYI, for those of you on anti-depressants, Effexor XR is known to promote weight loss. Many others cause weight gain.

My only problem is that I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of taking pills with this band. I had to take an antibiotic in January that made me so horribly ill. So every time I swallow a pill I expect that awful feeling. Fingers crossed....

Comments

  1. I'm glad you're taking steps to make sure you're healthy mentally and physically! I haven't even gotten my first full yet so I have no words of wisdom about taking pills but I'm hopeful that they go down easily for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you...when I am in a better place mentaly everything else kind of gets in line too. I hope this helps you.. let me know how the vist with your PCP goes today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been debating about looking into counseling, too--partly to deal with the residual grief, partly to deal with current stressors.

    Thanks for the heads up on the best medication for depression. I take pills every day and i've found that as long as I take them at least an hour before laying down, I don't have any issues. I just make sure to try to take them right after I eat and they seem to go through fine. Good luck with your counseling. I hope it helps to give you a new outlook on things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so brave to blog about this. I hope things go well with the tablets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!