Smitten Kitten

I'm a smitten kitten.

Mr. Banker was sick all week last week.  He started feeling bad Monday after a trip to DC over the weekend, so we thought he was just hung over (STILL) from too much fun festivity.  By Wednesday he finally took himself to a doctor, where a rapid Strep test came back negative, but Thursday got a call that the culture was positive.  He finally started feeling better Friday after antibiotics, but I didn't want to risk getting Strep since I start my new job in just one week.

Friday night he was so sweet.  We texted all night.  I had told him the significance of Friday's date earlier in the week, and he remembered and wanted to make sure I was okay.  He kept telling me he wished he could be there for me, he had planned to take me out for drinks or something to take my mind off of things, and he was sorry being sick messed it all up.  It was really sweet that he cared so much about making sure I was okay.  And I WAS surprisingly okay.  After publishing my blog Friday morning, I didn't feel much else about it.  Maybe because I had such good texting company all evening.

Saturday we had plans to finally see each other, but he canceled because he had forgotten a fantasy football draft.  I was so upset, and I think a lot of it was just residual feelings from the day before.  I used so much energy being okay Friday that I wasn't okay Saturday.  So I thought I wasn't going to see him yesterday after he canceled.  I had invited him to go downtown with my friends earlier in the week but I didn't think he was going to come.

So last night, I get dressed and meet up with friends, and go downtown to a bar.  

Here was my dress for the evening, I had it altered to take off 12 inches!!  
It could've stood to be a little smaller too.

So we had just gotten downtown when Banker texted to ask where we were- I told him thinking he was just curious.  Sometimes he will text to ask what I'm doing or where I am just out of curiosity.  My friend Patrice was flittering all over the place, so as I walked outside to look for her, Banker is the first person I see, on his way into the bar!  I was so excited, happy, surprised :)

He was also dressed up.  We matched really nice, and I wanted to take a photo with him, but I was feeling a little shy about it and didn't.  So we had a lovely night downtown, dancing, hanging out with friends.  For someone who says he doesn't want a relationship, it sure felt like one.

The funny thing is, even though we were together, I got hit on quite a lot.  I think that could be a good thing...show him that he is not the only guy who finds me attractive and would be interested in me.

Hopefully he knows that anyway, but it had to be a reminder.

At the end of the night, we went to his apartment for a little while.  It was my first time at his place and I was kind of surprised he asked me over but I've made a few "jokes" that he could be married since I'd never seen his place after 4 months and maybe he wanted to prove that wasn't the case.  We just laid in bed and talked for a couple of hours.  I decided to get up and leave around 4am because I didn't know the rules about sleeping over (he's slept at my place twice, but not the first time).  It was definitely a great night!

:):):)

Comments

  1. Girl that dress looks bangin hot on you :) I'm so glad you had a fab night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! This guy doesn't sound "right", so watch out! He's sending plenty of red flags...just looking out for you and don't want to see you hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!