Not-Quite-Ten Things Tuesday?

1.  I am procrastinating work, and although I know it is not Thursday yet, I have a bunch of little things I want to post about.

2.  My mom made her WLS consultation appointment for September 25.  I was really happy for her, until the person she talked to on the phone told her that the Lap Band was outdated and they prefer RNY or GSV.  I hope they don't talk her into doing something she doesn't want to do....

3.  Last night I made a really good dinner for myself and the Banker. 

Chicken Cutlets
Procciutto
Aloutte low-fat Spinach and Artichoke

I put cut 3 chicken cutlets into 4 pieces each and then laid a piece of procciutto on top, just enough to cover the chicken.  Then put a dollop of the aloutte in the middle, folded the chicken over and stuck it on a skewer.  I baked these in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350degrees, covered with tin foil to keep the moisture, then baked another 10 minutes uncovered to let them brown a little.  They were awesome!  Served with Baby Red potatoes.

4.  Does anyone watch SCANDAL?
It is the only show on TV that I watch.  I'm super excited that one of my closest friends is having a Scandal themed birthday party in September.  I know that's a while away, but last year's theme was Bar Golf, and it was just one week before surgery.  That will be a fun photo comparison....

For Scandal watchers, I believe I'll be Quinn.  The Birthday Girl is the only one allowed to come as Olivia Pope. 

5.  It is going to be a busy weekend!  Friday is the Electric Run in Charlotte, Saturday is the All-White Party in Raleigh, and Sunday is a family reunion in Charlotte.  Not sure I'm going to be able to make that 4 hour round-trip drive on Friday AND Sunday.
But I can't wait to re-take the All-White Party photo from last year!
6.  I wish there was more time in the day for all the things I want to do.  Lately I feel like my schedule is so full, anyone who wants to see me has to make advanced plans.  It's a nice problem to have, but sometimes I just need some me time.  Last night, Banker asked me what I have planned the rest of this week, and when I finished going through each night he said "OK, so let me know if you have a cancellation and can fit me in sometime."

7.  I've got baby fever something serious.  No one on my team at work is pregnant for the first time since I joined this team two years ago.  Hmmmm... just kidding.
8.  I think I fell in love with Vanessa at Athena Banded Warrior when reading her Rants yesterday.

9.
10.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant