WLS approval is so much work!

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I look back on my first approval process for Lap Band in 2012, it seems so easy now.

July 4, 2012 the idea of having a band popped into my mind.
My first appointment was July 20, 2012.
I was approved August 16, 2012.

It flew by.

So yesterday I went to get my EKG.  Took 10 minutes, no big deal.
I called my surgeon's office to ask if I could go for my blood work since I was only 5 minutes away.  Sure thing.  When I arrive, they inform me the bloodwork is done back at the hospital where I had the EKG.  Oh, and I need a chest Xray too.  So I got the EKG, Lab work, and chest Xray all done yesterday.

I'm excited to see how the lab results compare to 2012.  I still have those numbers.

Nutritionist tomorrow.
Psychologist (a 4 hour appointment!!!) on Monday.
And EGD on May 5.

I just really don't remember it being this much work and stress before.  But maybe 6 months from now, when I've had my approval and surgery (fingers crossed), this distant memory won't seem so bad either.
 
 
In other news, I got to meet an online WLS friend!
 
Cindy and I started following each other in Instagram in the winter and didn't realize we were both in NC for several months- only to find out we share the same surgeon.
 
Cindy is 8 months post-op with VSG and 90 pounds down.  She is so cute and funny.  It was great finally getting to meet her!
 

Comments

  1. It will fly by and we will be on the loser's bench and it will be AMAAAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have to do supervised diet for the band but I did for the sleeve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to wait 6 months in 2010 for my VSG. It was a loooooong wait that is for sure! The time after surgery flies right by though, so there's that to look forward to.

    I love hearing about blogger meet-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the process of getting approved went by really fast. But It was all I was focused on at the time - lots of dr appts... good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!