Thursday, April 17, 2014

WLS approval is so much work!

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I look back on my first approval process for Lap Band in 2012, it seems so easy now.

July 4, 2012 the idea of having a band popped into my mind.
My first appointment was July 20, 2012.
I was approved August 16, 2012.

It flew by.

So yesterday I went to get my EKG.  Took 10 minutes, no big deal.
I called my surgeon's office to ask if I could go for my blood work since I was only 5 minutes away.  Sure thing.  When I arrive, they inform me the bloodwork is done back at the hospital where I had the EKG.  Oh, and I need a chest Xray too.  So I got the EKG, Lab work, and chest Xray all done yesterday.

I'm excited to see how the lab results compare to 2012.  I still have those numbers.

Nutritionist tomorrow.
Psychologist (a 4 hour appointment!!!) on Monday.
And EGD on May 5.

I just really don't remember it being this much work and stress before.  But maybe 6 months from now, when I've had my approval and surgery (fingers crossed), this distant memory won't seem so bad either.
 
 
In other news, I got to meet an online WLS friend!
 
Cindy and I started following each other in Instagram in the winter and didn't realize we were both in NC for several months- only to find out we share the same surgeon.
 
Cindy is 8 months post-op with VSG and 90 pounds down.  She is so cute and funny.  It was great finally getting to meet her!
 

4 comments:

  1. It will fly by and we will be on the loser's bench and it will be AMAAAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have to do supervised diet for the band but I did for the sleeve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to wait 6 months in 2010 for my VSG. It was a loooooong wait that is for sure! The time after surgery flies right by though, so there's that to look forward to.

    I love hearing about blogger meet-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the process of getting approved went by really fast. But It was all I was focused on at the time - lots of dr appts... good luck!

    ReplyDelete