Mother Nature

I've been struggling this week.

First Monday morning, I was up 2 pounds from the day I proclaimed my 15 pound weightloss by May 4.  For some reason, until just now, I was sure it was 3 pounds.  But it's 2.

I was pissed.

I mean, I NEVER set strict short term goals, and the one time I do, I promptly go in the wrong direction.  So, now I have 17 pounds to lose by May 4.

Then, I can't eat.  My band has suddenly tightened up!  Like nobody's business.  I had to eat my yogurt sooo slowly it wasn't even funny.  I PB'd creamed spinach and mashed sweet potatoes.  WTH.

So I mentioned it to a few banded friends who went through the usual list of things that make us gain weight/give us restriction.

Stress?  What do I have to be stressed about?  Life at the new job has been great.
Can't be that.

Period?  Nope, I don't really get one of those.
Can't be that.

Then Monday night I went to bed and had dreams I was in pain in the uterus region.  A period is less common than a kidney stone for me, so I was dreaming about kidney stones!  When I woke up I just had that achey "oh crap, I'm getting my period" feeling.

Bingo.

A few hours later, I was spotting.  Now it all makes sense.  No wonder I can't eat anything and my weight is up.

Hopefully the weight will disappear after this is over.

P.S. Mother nature couldn't have actually had a period herself or she wouldn't have cursed us with this!!!
No Lie, I swear to you I opened this Yogurt RIGHT AFTER publishing this blog and this was what the lid said.  Is Mother Nature laughing at me?!? 

Comments

  1. Oy vey...what a PIA. Sorry, hope you get back to feeling like yourself soon. And I just have to say thanks for making me chuckle this am. That is TOO funny about the yogurt lid saying... that dang biotch Mother Freaking Nature...ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed that... I couldn't help but kind of laugh yet feel slightly annoyed at the irony. I don't know that I've ever even NOTICED that Chobani prints something under the lids. I had to open my later-day snack yogurt to see, and it had a different saying.

      Delete
  2. Lol well at least you know and that explains the gain on the scale too,, both issues answered

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you now have an explanation, I'm sure it's a great relief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so funny. Thanks a lot for rubbing it in Chobani :p

    I hope next week is a better week. I know with your hard work and dedication you can get to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear, you are so funny. When I read the end of this post, it made me flash on a commercial that used to air when I was a kid. The tagline was "It's not nice to mess with Mother Nature!!!" and this creepy woman would come on screen with a lightning bolt. You are WAY too young to remember this. :)

    Same story here. Every time I've announced a goal out loud, I've immediately gained weight. What the hell? At least you know the reason though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant