Friday Check-In: Week 3 Post-Op

Last week's weight: 246.2
Today's weight: 245.2

Loss of 1 pound.  Slow and steady wins the race, I guess?

When I saw Dr. Y last week, he told me not to get discouraged by slow weight loss.  He said my body has already gone through the WLS 'shock factor' where people loose 30 pounds in the first month, so I shouldn't expect that.  He told me my journey will be very different, because I'm not the same as the typical newly sleeved patient.  He's right, but sometimes it is still tough to deal with watching the ladies sleeved around the same time as me shedding the pounds so quickly.

I told Dr. Y that even if I don't lose another pound, I think this was the right decision for me.  I have not had even ONE PB episode?  I still kind of fear it.  I had a group lunch at work earlier this week and I ate sooo slowly, afraid each bite would come back up.  BUT IT DIDN'T!  And it hasn't happened even once since surgery, that's such a relief.  I really spent a lot of time scared of food.  I know that sounds silly, but I threw up so often it was just something I expected to happen every time.

Dr. Y's response to my comment about 'even if I don't lose another pound' was that he is glad I'm happy with the decision to revise to fix my complications, but he doesn't believe I won't lose another pound.  He said I've been so successful already that he's sure I will get to where I want to be.  It was so nice to hear that from him.  Sometimes I feel like needing revision is a sign of failure, so it was nice to hear from the authority on such matters that I didn't fail.

Comments

  1. I'm jealous of the ability to eat without fear of a PB our stick episode. I'm glad you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need of revision is not a sign of failure. Stop thinking like that! You've got too much going on for that kind of attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!