In case you're new here

Instead of having to read through a decade of posts, here is what you missed:


In September 2012, I had LabBand surgery at 344.4 pounds.  I lost 120 pounds but my band leaked.

I petitioned my insurance for approval to revise to RNY gastric bypass, but my insurance company messed up and only approved Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.  I was tired of the 6 month fight so I did it, against my surgeon's warning that I would need to revise again.  I could be the exception right?

I had VSG in September 2014.

I had a baby in November 2015, no weight gain.

I started vomiting blood by November 2016 from extreme GERD due to the VSG surgery.

I petitioned my insurance for approval to revise to Gastrojejunostomy (another name for RNY, but used when it is GERD related, and not for weight loss).  It was again, a huge fight.  I didn't know if I was actually having surgery until AFTER they had already admitted me and started my IV.

I revised to RNY (gastrojejunostomy) in April 2017.

I went to my 4-week follow-up from surgery, 4 weeks pregnant. oops (except it wasn't an accident).

My second baby was born in January 2018, and came with a 40 pound weight loss.

At this point, I weighed 164 pounds.  I was THIN.


Now I've gained and my goal is to get back to 185-190 pounds.  I am so uncomfortable with putting the actual number here, that I'd rather just make you do the math.  I have at least 30 pounds to lose at this point.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant