Almost Vacation

 While it is getting easier each day, I recognize that one issue for me is a change in routine.  I can be on track, killing the nutrition and exercise (which I haven't added yet) every day of the week, but a change in my schedule is pretty hard to overcome.  I survive on routine.  Every day looks kind of the same for me and that is what works in my life.

And as much as I want to get away from my house, and my dogs, and my work, I also know that those factors help drive my success.  Having access to my own food and cookware, walking the pups, and staying on a schedule.  So while this upcoming break is much desired, it is also a little anxiety inducing on the nutrition front.

We're going to visit our friends at the coast on Saturday until Wednesday.  I can't wait to have a few days with Mr. Banker's godsons and our boys together, time on the beach, and time off work.  I changed jobs in March and it has been a much bigger adjustment for me than I expected, especially given that I was returning to a company that I began my career with.  Nonetheless, it has been crazy, so this vacation is much needed but will also come with a price.  I know I will come back to a shit storm, but it will have been worth it.

The couple we're visiting is pretty health conscientious so hopefully I will at least maintain the loss while I'm there.  By the way, it's day 9 and I'm 8.2 pounds down.  If that doesn't tell me I was doing something VERY wrong before, Idk what will.  I wasn't counting calories.  I wasn't exercising (and still am not really).  And I was clearly overeating (and over drinking) significantly.  The one nice thing about our visit to the coast is that our friends have a pool and live close to the beach, so I imagine there will be some form of exercise every day.  It could be a good way to get into that routine in an easy way.  I know Mr. Banker is sick of my turkey bacon, egg white, salsa breakfast, and he can eat whatever he wants while we are there, but I am planning to go to the grocery store when we arrive and at least keep that one meal consistent.  I likely won't have much say over lunch and dinner, but I can always choose the healthiest options available.  Here's to crossing my fingers.  Two more days until vacation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant