I'm back.... and getting back on track

 Well blog friends, here I am.  I'm back.  I wrote a post a month or so ago saying that I was giving this blog up after 3 years of neglect.  But here I am.  Why?


Well, I believe that success comes with forming habits.  What was I doing when I was successful at losing weight?  Counting calories, moving more, and blogging.  I think the blogging really just comes with accountability, so I'm trying it again, along with the other two.


Plus, I don't think all of my friends want to hear about how fucking hungry I am 24/7.  Mr. Banker (ahem, Mr. Branch Manager now!) gets it, because he's trying to get back on track with me, and we complain to each other, but I just need to bitch a little more. Oh, by the way, I guess this was my subtle way to tell you all that Mr. Banker and I got back together 2 years ago.  Surprise!


Over the last 2.5 years I have gained.  I don't even want to put the actual number down.  After my youngest was born, I was SKINNY.  I lost so much weight during the pregnancy, and then breastfeeding.  I got to a weight that was really unreasonable for me to maintain.  So when I gained the first 20 pounds it was no big deal.  And if I'd stopped with that, I would've been good with it.  Because that was truly a healthy weight for me.  In fact, at that 20 pound up mark, I ran into my surgeon at the nail salon and he smiled at me and he said "Hollee, you look really healthy.  I'm so proud of you."  That was the biggest compliment to me.  My surgeon is NOT someone who gives compliments freely.  If you read my blog from the beginning, you may remember that he did not exactly give me the warm fuzzies in the beginning because he is just so blunt and dry.


So I stayed at that 20 pound up mark for a while and I felt good there.  But then Mr. Banker and I got back together and we packed on the happy pounds.  About 20 happy pounds each.  We were chunky and happy together for a while, until we got tired of being tired and lazy.  Last summer when we moved, we each lost our 20 extra pounds during our move (we bought a house together!) but slowly, through COVID quarantine, it creeped back on.  So here we are, both needing to lose 20-30 pounds and we began our 'back on track' diet yesterday.


After dinner, we went to the 3rd story, because it's so far from the kitchen that we're unlikely to snack.  But we sat there hungry.  We went to bed, and talked about how hungry we were.  We woke up thinking about how hungry we were.  It sucks.  It will get better - I hope.  I'll check back in and bitch some more later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant