Now all I have to do is wait for denial.
Yeah, you read that right.
Everything is done for the insurance company after yesterday's EGD and we're ready to submit. We are going forward with the plan that I will be denied. My PA told me today that she will be sincerely shocked if I get approval this time, and if I do we will have to have some champagne (homegirl has clearly forgotten no carbonation for me)!
So what's the point, you might ask...
Well.... if (when) the insurance company denies me, they have to give a reason why. That gives us something to work with. Whatever reason they give for denial, it will give us a direction in which to make a plan. Then Dr. Y will request a peer to peer review to appeal the denial with whatever plan we come up with.
I might know something next week?
And if for some reason I have expected the worst and actually get approval, that's freaking fantastic too!