Back on Track



Saturday I realized I had a problem.  I guess the first step to fixing it is realizing it exists, so at least I'm making progress.

After cleaning out my cabinets Saturday, I made Cajun Salmon and Turkey Tacos (food for a few days).  When I cook, since it's just me at home, I usually cook more than one meal at a time so that I don't have to do it again anytime soon.  Cooking can be a lot of work for just one person.  Unfortunately I PB'd both of those meals (lunch and dinner) because I was so excited about real food that I took giant gulps instead of the tiny bites I'm supposed to have.

On that note, have you all noticed when you eat with other people how giant their bites seem now?
I notice that all the time.

Anyway, Saturday's food choices were a giant leap forward from what I've done the rest of last week.

For Mother's Day on Sunday, my mom and Grandmother came to visit.  This is a really nice treat for me because it is usually me going to visit them, since they're in my home town.  I bought my house last May and my grandmother has been there twice now.

They both like Japanese food so I took them to my favorite Hibachi Grill.  I know I know, not healthy but I honestly never feel guilty about this kind of "bad" stuff.  I eat my protein first so there is rarely room for much of the rice afterward.

My mom and grandmother had never been to a Japanese Steak House before so I had a lot of fun with it.  The cook picked on my grandmother a lot and she seemed to really enjoy it.  It's always the same jokes and "tricks" at this place, so I always know what's coming, but she had no clue.  Here are a few pics from our lunch.  I love my mom and Grandmother so much.  They're awesome women. 


Note our height difference.  I was in flats, my mom and grandmother both had some type of heel on their shoes.  Sigh, I always grew up feeling like an amazon.

My Grandmother, Mom, and Me


Mom and Me


Nannie and Mom

Today, I have packed my lunch for work and aside from some Japanese leftovers, I'm rocking it.
Cottage cheese and SF Jam for breakfast.
Cheese stick & Fage Greek yogurt for snack.
1C Japanses leftover for lunch.

Here's to being better! :)

Comments

  1. Awwww, your mom looks like she could be your sister! Glad you got to spend some time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't notice the bites so much, but boy do I notice how fast they eat! Everyone is done, and I've had just a few bites.

    Your mom is so pretty and young looking, and you two look so much alike. :-) I think it is so special the three of you could all go out together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girl- great job on everything!

    I was looking for an e-mail address as I wanted to contact you on something. :)

    Here's my site! let me know if you'd like a team member =)

    http://realfoodrunner.wix.com/health#!home/c1k6m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you back on track. Love the pictures you posted :) I notice that I eat way more socially that when I am thinking about it. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant