A mother's love.... a father's.....?

I believe it's true that a mother's love is unconditional. I love my mom, she's one of my best friends. I know that she will always be.

My father on the other hand was horrific. I don't even want to talk about it. Instead of focusing on my father, I'd rather praise my child's father. He knew it was going to be tough so he made sure I'd come home to happiness. While I was at my parents house, he came to cut my grass and left me roses. Mr. Banker had never bought me flowers before, so he had me grinning from ear to ear. Then he brought me sushi for dinner. He brought me so much happiness yesterday. That's truly the caring man I needed yesterday.

Comments

  1. I am so sorry that your father did not take the news well and can only hope he will come around. So glad that you have such a supportive and loving partner though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's reaction. I'm glad your Mom is being supportive and what is most important right now is you, your baby and your relationship with Mr. Banker. Enjoy this time as it can be so much fun and don't let anyone take the time away from you with negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your father did not take the news well. If you normally have a good relationship with him, then it is probably because he still thinks of you as his little girl. Hopefully, he will adjust in time. Meanwhile, talk to your doctor about eating sushi. In the United States, it is typically recommended that pregnant women give up sushi during pregnancy because of the possibility of bacterial infection. In Japan, however, pregnant women eat it all the time, so best to get your doctor's advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy! Guess I should've mentioned that it was cooked sushi. Raw sushi is a no-no (in the US anyway) so I stick with the cooked kind, and that's ok as long as I'm not eating it every day (too much mercury if I eat it too often).

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your Dad's reaction, but sounds like you have a keeper. I'm glad you have your Mom's support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hollee, Sorry to hear about your father. I understand those hard relationships all to well. Congrats on that baby! And good luck to you! and Mr. Banker! :) Your father will most likely come around. It will take time, but grandchildren tend to bring families together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!