Skin Removal

 This year makes 9 years since my initial surgery.  At my lowest, I had lost 160 pounds!  I currently sit at about 130 pounds down, and am close to a healthy/maintainable weight again.  My body has been through hell- don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for it!  I love this body.  I love that it has given me two beautiful children.  I love that it endured the struggle of carrying so much excess weight until I was ready to let it go.  I love that it carries me through life well and allows me to run and play with my kids now.


What I don't love is the person I see in the mirror.  I don't love my stomach, or my breasts, or my legs, or my arms.  I don't love that the trauma of being 344 pounds 10 years ago left my body different than the average 33 year old woman.  I started thinking of skin removal before I ever even lost the weight, and now here I am looking further into it when I thought it was attainable, and finding out that it may not be.


I've had a number of consultations in the last couple of months.  There are so many different options out there, and I've considered everything from medical tourism to financing.  


I've looked locally (close enough anyway, Greensboro, NC and Durham, NC).  I've looked in Miami, FL and Salt Lake City, UT.  And I've received a quote from an amazing surgeon in Tijuana, MX.  The doctor in Mexico would be my first choice as far as skill and cost, but the idea of being so far from my family for surgery is anxiety inducing. Plus he is booking out 10-12 months at this point, so the idea of waiting a year for surgery is not ideal.  All other options at this time seem off the table and I'm really disappointed.  I keep going through the motions to get through the consult and it is starting to seem like it isn't going to happen.


Just feeling kind of discouraged and needed to put those feelings somewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant