Post Vacation Update

 I thought I hadn't lost much weight on vacation, until I just came back here to see that my last post said I was down 8.2 pounds.  Today I'm down 12 pounds in the last two weeks, so I will call it a win!

I wasn't terrible on the first half of the vacation, as I mentioned our friends are fairly healthy.  We were pretty good with food, until we had a seafood night on our last night there.  I felt pretty good about it, but then I spent the weekend with my friend from out of the country and we drank most of our calories.  Fun Fact:  Did you know that drinking alcohol while dieting slows progress because your body works harder to metabolize alcohol, therefore slowing fat loss?  (Yes I do still drink, but have made a conscious effort to drink far less over the last few weeks.)

All in all, I will take a pretty decent loss over the last week to mean I did SOMETHING right.


The left photo was taken the Friday before we began our diet, and on the right was taken today.  For me, seeing physical proof that lowering the scale helps keep me going.  Pretty sure I see it a little :)

Our friends from Wilmington are coming here this weekend though, so it will be much like the vacation has continued.... but I can't stop living for my diet.  So I will just keep pushing forward and enjoying the days where I don't stick to the plan 100%.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

32 Weeks Pregnant