2014: The End

It's been a whirlwind of a year.  I can't believe how fast yet another one has flown by.  I just went through my blog to find my weight at the end of 2013 and had some awesome reminders of things I did last year and where I wanted to be this year.

I was sad to see that at the end of last year I proclaimed that my resolution for 2014 was to be at my GOAL WEIGHT by my 2 year bandiversary and that did not happen.  In fact, on my 2 year bandiversary, I was preparing for revision.  Things happen and I guess I can't kick myself too hard considering I had no control over the device in my body beginning to malfunction.  So I'm not at my goal weight, but I am in a SLIGHTLY  better place (weight-wise) than I was at the end of 2013.  VERY SLIGHT, but still, better.

At the end of 2013, I weighed 241.2.
Today, I weighed 236.8.

That's right folks, I lost a total of 4.4 pounds in 2014.  lol, sad.  But a lot happened in 2014, I gained weight as I fought REALLY HARD for my revision approval, and I lost that weight again.  My only resolution for 2015 will be to again be in a better place when the year ends than I was in 2014.  I do want to win my dietbet as well, which will put me at 222.2 by June 21.

In 2015 I'll also be running my first obstacle race, which scares the shit out of me.  And I intend to run more throughout the year.

I'll leave you all with some of my favorite photos from 2014:


I began 2014 with my cousin Jenni and friend Leyton at a downtown Raleigh nightclub.
My birthday was crazy fun with lots of friends by my side.

I got to go to Disney for the FIRST TIME!  Happiest place on earth, for sure.

My nephew visited in June, and in 2015 he'll be making a move to NC for good, and that is probably what I'm looking forward to most.

I had a lot of good times with good friends!


I got to meet a big group of the Sleeve Sisters from instagram several weeks ago.





Comments

  1. Adorable photos of you and your friends. Onward and downward in 2015. An obstacle race like Tough Mudder? Yikes, I'm too old for that business but I'm planning on a 1/2 Century bike ride in April. Happy New Year Hollie. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello... just discovered your blog. I had a revision from the band to the sleeve on 11/4. Regardless of where you ended in 2014, just know you are on your way to be further ahead in 2015. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Keep looking forward. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life ....or Something Like it

Ten Things Thursday

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your...... blender ball!